Wednesday, November 7, 2007

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 tools

http://www.cocktailbuilder.com/

This site is wonderful! If I was having a cocktail party I would be doing some research on this site beforehand. The 'some random cocktails' list has changed even from when I visited the site last week. I have always wondered what's in a 'Cosmopolitan'. I just typed the name into the 'find cocktails...' search box and it came up. I love that when you click on the drink's name, the ingredients slide down below it, and you aren't taken to another page. You can still see the rest of the results list. You can even add drinks to your own personal bar menu - when you click on the bar menu next time, the list of cocktails you selected are displayed. All drinks are given a star rating too, which is handy for me as I'm not a big drinker and I'm not sure what's good. You can even type in ingredients you have in your bar, and it will find a drink you can make from them. It's wonderful and a well deserved winner of an award! Not too sure it would be relevant in a library setting though. Then again...hehehe ;o)

No comments: